Rosy Shea Butter Lip Balm
I always love to have lip balm near me as it’s such a soothing treat that also elevates the look. And believe it or not but they are easy to make a true organic balm with a touch of color to enhance your lip smackers. I choose these specific ingredients to get the my lips supple and smooth. You can alter these with other oils but I do prefer the coconut and sweet almond oil because they do have a bit of taste to them that I enjoy. The Shea Nut Butter is thicker than oil and will create a great base to these oils for a superb emollient. Adding in Caster Oil makes the balm a thicker gloss but Caster is a healing agent for the balm and allows any chapped lips to heal. Beeswax holds it all together so that the ointment won’t smear or run as the body heats up the lip balm over time. And lastly, Alkanet Root Powder is used only to add color, the more you add the more color you’ll have for your smacker.
- Coconut Oil – This oil helps with inflamed or irritated sensitive skin. It is great for providing a protective layer for retaining moisture within the skin.
- Sweet Almond Oil – This is oil is high in fatty acids to soften, soothe and recondition skin.
- Shea Nut Butter – It has been reported to have anti-inflammatory properties as well as emollient and humectant properties. Shea butter has been used as a sunblocking lotion and has a limited capacity to absorb ultraviolet radiation.
- Caster Oil – The oil is extracted from crushing the seeds and has been used as a centuries old remedy use by traditional healers for inflammation and bacterial infections.
- Beeswax – It helps hold the ingredients together on the skin while also providing an excellent emulsifier.
- Alkanet Root Powder – This organic material will help naturally soothe irritated sensitive skin and will provide
beautiful shades of pink, blue, and purple, depending upon the amount used.
Rosy Shea Butter Lip Balm Tools:
6 small jar or container for the balm
1 small glass bowl
1 small saucepan
1 glass dropper
1 small plastic or metal funnel
Rosy Shea Butter Lip Balm Ingredients:
1 tablespoon Shea Nut Butter
1 table spoon pure filtered cosmetic grade beeswax pastilles (if you buy a block then it will need to be grated)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
1 tablespoon caster oil
1 teaspoon alkanet root powder (this adds the subtle rose color, use more or less to get your preferred shade)
Rosy Shea Butter Lip Balm Directions:
To create the Ultra Rich Soothing Rose Hand Cream, melt together the oils through the emulsion process by mixing the oils, waxes and water together in a water bath. Create a water bath by placing the oils, powder, wax and butter together in a glass bowl that is larger than a sauce pan. Place enough water in the saucepan to cover the bottom of the glass bowl. Gently heat up the ingredients to allow them to blend easily together.
Once the ingredients are mixed thoroughly together take a spatula to help gather each ounce of the mixture to place in a glass sealable jar using the funnel. Allow the mixture to set at room temperature before the jar is sealed. This can be stored for up to 30 days on the shelf.
Rosy Shea Butter Lip Balm Storage:
Place your container of Rosy Shea Butter Lip Balm in a cool dark place. It will keep up to 3 months when using all organic ingredients.